The End Of The Beach Boys

By |

One the most successful band in U.S. history is officially no more.

After joining together to celebrate the group’s 50th anniversary this year, Beach Boys founder Mike Love announced that the band will be parting ways.

The announcement came after the group’s September 28 performance at the Wembley Arena in London, when Love released a press release stating: “The post-50th anniversary configuration will not include Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks. The 50th Reunion Tour was designed to be a set tour with a beginning and an end to mark a special 50-year milestone for the band.”

The move came as a surprise for Wilson, who told CNN: “I’m disappointed and can’t understand why he doesn’t want to tour with Al, David and me.”

Love revealed to the LA Times that a lot of his decision had to do with the finances of the project, and what more touring could possibly effect.

“There are promoters who are interested [in more shows], but they’ve said, ‘Give it a rest for a year.’ Faced The Eagles found out the hard way when they went out for a second year and wound up selling tickets for just $5.”

There is currently a petition for Love to keep the band together, which you can see here.

Watch The Beach Boy’s performance of “Do It Again” from last month below:

http://youtu.be/0D7062cqXF8

Have your say! Leave a comment below:

You May Also Like: